In Amsterdam there is a wide variety of bars & clubs. From alternative bars to exclusive clubs with bottle service.
There are 3 main & well known bar area’s in Amsterdam.
The audience is a mix of tourists & locals.
You can find a mix of restaurants, bars and clubs here.
Rembrandtplein (Dutch) / Rembrandt Square (English)
This beautufully renovated square in the heart of Amsterdam has lots to offer.
Around the statue of our famous painter “Rembrandt”.
You can find here a lot of nice and cosy bars with heated terraces.
Enjoy watching all the people passing by.
– Escape Cafe (modern/also restaurant/live DJ weekends)
– Cafe t Centrum (Old Dutch Bar)
– Cafe The Kroon (after 11pm / loungy /restaurant)
– Club Escape (one of the biggest clubs in Amsterdam, ladies 2 for 1 ticket)
– Restaurant De Nachtwacht (Great food and ambiance)
Leidseplein (Dutch) / Leidseplein Square (English)
This square is also recently renovated and has all-in one. Lots of bars, restaurants , theatre and some fancy clubs and cocktailbars.
– Players Restaurant / Bar ( Cocktails / Locals / DJ)
– Bulldog Cafe ( tourists from all over the world)
– Club Jimmy Woo (posh / luxury)
– Restaurant Castell (best grilled meat)
– Holland Casino
“De Wallen /Rosse Buurt”(Dutch) / Red Light District (English)
This area is a village in a city. Not dangerous at all, walk around the area and visit a Church, see the ladies behind the windows and have a cup of coffee or visit a coffeeshop ;- )
– Mata Hari (Restaurant)
– Nieuwmarkt Square :Cafes & Bars (must visit)
– Museum Onze lieve heer op Zolder (hidden gem)
– Cafe Old Sailor (but watch your pocket)
– Zeedijk China Town
– Proeflokaal de Ooievaar